An Executive MBA/PGDM is a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) and is considered the right step for professionals looking to enhance their management skills. It’s one of the most demanding courses, and it includes two years of rigorous full-time study.
An Executive MBA programme is a two-year master’s degree programme. The students are expected to have a clear understanding of business principles and be familiar with their field before undertaking this course. Students who have had at least two years of work experience and have been in a management position would be eligible to enrol on this course. The Executive MBA courses are usually offered by top universities, business schools and government institutes.
What are the Executive MBA Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to apply for an Executive MBA programme depend on the university and how they judge their applicants. The following are a few of the widely followed criteria:
- 1) A bachelor’s degree (any discipline) with a minimum of 60% marks (or 6.5 GPA out of 10) is a requirement for applying for an Executive MBA in most schools.
- 2) Some business schools may also ask for a master’s degree or at least two years of work experience to be eligible to apply.
- 3) Candidate must have a well-organized CV, which should be updated before applying to any university.
What are the Syllabus of the Executive MBA Course?
The Executive MBA course has been designed to help its students to improve their overall management abilities and achieve long-term business goals. The online platform sell online courses from your own website and The syllabus of the Executive MBA is customizable depending upon the school or program it is offered. Here are some of the topics common in Executive MBA Courses:
Elective Courses of Executive MBA
- 1) Corporate Strategy and Policy
- 2) Leadership and Organizational Behavior
- 3) Competition and Decision Making in Organizations
- 4) Marketing Management
- 5) Operations Management
- 6) Strategic Marketing Management or Business Strategy
How to Apply for Executive MBA/PGDM?
Eligible candidates may apply online by visiting the respective university website. The universities usually start accepting applications in the last quarter or the first quarter of the following year. Candidate must submit their application and all credentials (transcripts and recommendations) directly to the school or college they want to apply in. Universities will only accept those applications submitted directly from them. Candidates should personally contact the school to check on the availability of seats in each course before applying.
What is an Online Executive MBA/PGDM?
An Online Executive MBA is an exceptional way to pursue your MBA at a leading business school without quitting your job. An Online Executive MBA enables you to study for two years and earn a master’s degree from a top business school without ever having to leave home. Online Executive MBA Courses are designed to provide the same quality of learning experience as a traditional on-campus programme. They are selling online courses and teach online (or online classrooms), using lectures, case studies, live seminars and hands-on training.
The Online Executive MBA covers the critical areas of strategic management and provides essential skills for success in today’s economy. Online MBA aims to work with professionals who have full-time jobs even though they seek additional, complementary education.
Executive MBA / PGDM Admissions Process
The admissions process in the MBA/PGDM programme differs from one university to another. The admissions process usually involves the following steps:
1) Pre-admission approach: The pre-admission approach is required even before starting your application. It will help the school guide you through the entire admission process and give you a better chance of being admitted into the programme you have applied for.
2) Admission test: Most colleges will request you take a standard test held in the first week of January.
3) Essay Writing: One of the essential steps in the admission process is writing a well-formatted essay. The essay is usually about 10-12 pages.
4) Interviews: Usually, the interview process lasts for two days, and you may be asked to attend at least 3-to 4 interviews in your initial application cycle.
5) Pre-course planning: This will introduce you to the specific content of your programme, help you develop your skills and prepare you for your stepping stone towards achieving long term goals.
Giving an executive MBA/PGDM with a university in the U.S. is now more accessible, with online applications and exam testing is widely available. The online application gives anyone in any part of the world a chance to pursue a degree from one of the best colleges at home or abroad through distance education methods. Distance learning allows you to be away from your workplace but still study at your convenience. Check out these Order an Mba admission essay personal statements to see what successful business school application essays look like and stimulate your own creativity.